Apple unveiled its new iPhone 15 lineup earlier this week, and if you wish to defend your new iPhone from scratches dents, and different perils, you’re going to wish to use a case. However a case is a case, proper? Properly, which will have been true in earlier mannequin years, however standard case and accent maker Speck has taken instances to a brand new degree with its ClickLock™ Magsafe-compatible line of instances and equipment.
Speck has been within the case and equipment enterprise since 2001, and I’ve been utilizing Speck instances for a number of years to guard my iPhones.
Now, the venerable case and accent maker has launched an enormous variety of new instances. particularly 169 new instances in 17 completely different designs and 20 colours. Plus, it has launched three new MagSafe-compatible equipment for the iPhone 15.
57 of Speck’s new instances use the corporate’s patent-pending ClickLock™ interlock system, which prevents your iPhone from by accident slipping off from the corporate’s new Automobile Vent Mount, Pockets, and StandyGrip™ – all of which have been introduced a number of weeks in the past.
All 169 Speck instances at the moment are out there and may be discovered on the Speck web site, different on-line retailers, and at main retail areas, and they’re out there for the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Professional, and iPhone 15 Professional Max, all of which debuted earlier this week.
Earlier than we take a more in-depth take a look at Speck’s iPhone 15 case and accent lineup, I’d wish to clarify what “ClickLock™” is and the way it protects your iPhone 15 when you’re charging your gadget or have it mounted in your car.
I’m not going to badmouth Apple’s MagSafe charging and mounting system. MagSafe permits a quick connection to wi-fi chargers whereas additionally offering a comparatively safe technique of mounting the gadget in your automotive, on a charging stand, or on a mount to make use of your iPhone for continuity digicam help together with your MacBook.
Nonetheless, I’ve had a number of experiences the place my iPhone will get knocked off its vent mount after I hit an particularly deep freeway pothole. I’m additionally relatively clumsy (okay, I’m very clumsy), and I’ve been recognized to knock my iPhone off its mount within the automotive or when utilizing it with my MacBook. That is the place Speck’s ClickLock™ system involves the rescue.
“Final yr we began methods to essentially enhance the person expertise of utilizing an iPhone,” stated Bryan Hynecek, Chief Design Officer of Speck Merchandise, “After extensively utilizing MagSafe magnetic mounts and equipment we knew there needed to be a option to make the bond extra strong.”
Speck’s designers created a way to forestall MagSafe equipment from slipping by together with an interlocking ‘bolt’ in its ClickLock™ iPhone equipment, which works with a mated slot in its ClickLock for MagSafe iPhone instances. The bolt system makes use of a magnetically attracted bolt that mechanically extends any time a ClickLock™ MagSafe iPhone case is introduced near it, inflicting the mechanical interlock to forestall the iPhone from slipping. The bolt engages the receptacle, making an audible and oddly satisfying ‘click on’ sound. “ClickLock.” get it.
Speck’s ClickLock™ equipment lineup contains three equipment that provide help to maintain your iPhone protected from unintended slipping. The lineup features a Automobile Vent Mount, a Pockets, and the “StandyGrip,” which is a multi-purpose accent that acts as a finger grip, a stand that enables portrait or panorama viewing of your iPhone 15, and as a continuity digicam mount to be used together with your MacBook.
The ClickLock™ system will not be meant as a substitute for Apple’s MagSafe system however is as an alternative meant to boost Apple’s mounting system, offering further safety towards having your iPhone slip off of its mount.
Along with being designed to work with ClickLock™ equipment, Speck’s ClickLock™ case lineup can also be suitable with customary MagSafe mounts and chargers. As for the ClickLock™ equipment, they can be utilized together with your new iPhone 15 each with and with no customary MagSafe case. Nonetheless, these mixtures don’t present the added ClickLock™ safety.
Speck iPhone 15 Circumstances
Now, let’s check out Speck’s new instances for the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Professional, and iPhone 15 Professional Max lineup.
Speck’s new iPhone 15 instances can be found in three variations, together with “Customary” (non-MagSafe), “Constructed for MagSafe” (sans ClickLock™), and “ClickLock™ for MagSafe” which incorporates the helpful No-Slip Interlock function.
These new fashions quantity to 17 completely different designs and embrace:
- PRESIDIO2 PRO ($39.95 – 49.95 MSRP): This case boasts the corporate’s Armor Cloud excessive safety whereas additionally providing a soft-touch end for improved look, really feel, and scratch resistance.
- PRESIDIO2 GRIP ($39.95 – $49.95 MSRP): The Presidio 2 Grip is 20% slimmer and is optimized to be used with Speck’s MagSafe and ClickLock™ equipment.
- PRESIDIO PERFECT-CLEAR ($39.95 – $49.95 MSRP): This clear case makes use of Speck’s “Good-Clear” coating, offering resistance towards discoloration, yellowing, and scratching.
- PRESIDIO PERFECT-CLEAR GRIP ($44.95 – $49.95 MSRP): This case boasts no-slip inverted grips, which offer elevated sturdiness, in addition to a safer really feel.
- PRESIDIO LUX ($44.95 – $49.95 MSRP): This case will certainly catch my spouse’s eye, because it brings all-new shimmering glitter, for a blinding little bit of panache on your iPhone 15.
- GEMSHELL GLITTER ($24.95 MSRP): This case is a clear, pocket-friendly case, that includes fade-resistant glittering crystals.
- GEMSHELL GRIP ($24.95 – $34.95 MSRP): This case boasts grips, offering a safer really feel when holding it in your hand.
If you happen to’re on the lookout for wonderful safety, take a look at the Presidio2 instances, that are examined to guard towards a 13-foot drop, have a raised-bezel display and digicam lens guards, soft-touch anti-scratch coatings, and Microban antimicrobial product safety. Presidio2 instances are constituted of 50% recycled plastics and carry a restricted lifetime guarantee.
Speck ClickLock™ Equipment
Speck’s ClickLock companion equipment mix a magnetic and a mechanical element to create a safe bond between an iPhone 15 carrying a ClickLock™ case and the ClickLock™ accent. The equipment may also be used with an iPhone 12 or later, with or with no MagSafe case, albeit with out the safer ClickLock safety.
Specks ClickLock™ equipment embrace:
- CAR VENT MOUNT for MagSafe with ClickLock™ ($39.95 MSRP): A low-profile auto dashboard vent clamp mount, this offers a safe mount for iPhone 15 units. That includes a 360-degree adjustable locking ball joint, built-in cost cable routing, and a ClickLock™ no-slip interlock, this ClickLock mount protects towards seeing your iPhone falling each time your car hits a pothole.
- WALLET for MagSafe with ClickLock™ ($29.95 MSRP): This Pockets securely attaches to a ClickLock™ iPhone case and holds as much as three credit score, debit, or identification playing cards. Out there in 4 colours (Nimbus Pink/Pale Violet, Again, Coastal Blue/House Blue, and Pale Oak/Darkish Umber), the pockets stays securely hooked up to a ClickLock iPhone case, even once you’re working it out and in of a pocket in your skinniest pair of denims.
- STANDYGRIP™ For MagSafe with ClickLock™ ($29.95 MSRP): Standygrip offers a helpful finger grip whereas holding your iPhone 15, a vertical or horizontal viewing stand, and a continuity digicam mount on your MacBook.
Speck has a historical past of providing wonderful instances and equipment for the iPhone, and the iPhone 15 lineup seems to be no exception. For extra details about ClickLock™ instances and equipment, go to the Speck web site.